This stream of migration to Australia is designed for skilled applicants under the age of 45 years who can meet the points test. Points are awarded based on an applicant’s personal attributes such as age, English language ability, skills, work experience, education, study in Australia or overseas etc.
You can also obtain points if you are including a skilled partner or if you are sponsored by an Australian State or Territory. You can apply directly for a permanent residency visa if you believe you qualify. Alternatively, you may apply for a provisional skilled visa that will lead to a permanent residency visa.
There are a number of visas available for applicants using the skilled migration program.
- Skilled Independent (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional Provisional (Subclass 489)
- Skilled Regional Permanent (Subclass 887)
- Skilled Recognised Graduate (Temporary – Subclass 476)
- Skilled Graduate (Subclass 485)